Reflective Foam and Soundproof Cotton finished with Canvas Layer
Protect your geodesic dome in all seasons and provide soundproofing with our Reflective Foam and Soundproof Cotton finished with Canvas Layer.
This insulation provides quality protection in three layers of high-quality materials:
First layer -- This is made of closed-cell foam bonded with a layer of highly reflective metalized aluminum polyester film that we call the Reflective Foam layer. This means the insulation:
- It’s lightweight, yet durable
- Does not compress, collapse, or disintegrate
- Reflects most radiant heat, and emits less than 3% of heat
- Inhibits condensation and does not promote the growth of fungi, mold, or mildew
- Saves energy by reducing the stress on heating and cooling systems -- keeping your dome warmer in the winter, and cooler in the summer.
Second layer -- Made of 5/8" (15mm) thick sound-absorbing synthetic cotton, this provides another layer of thermal insulation by creating an air pocket between the layers.
Finishing layer -- Finally, canvas is stitched to the layers of insulation for a finished look and enhanced durability. You can choose from dozens of colors for this layer.
This type of insulation can be placed inside the frame (with rope ties and plastic clamps) or can be pulled over the frame.
We recommend hanging the insulation inside the frame for the best thermal performance. The air pockets between the insulation and the dome cover provide an extra barrier between interior and outdoor temperatures.